How Jobs Are Filled in the Classified Service
Under the Merit System, people are hired on the basis of ability as demonstrated in competitive examinations.
The examination may include one or more of the following:
- a written test,
- a performance test,
- a supplemental questionnaire or
- a rating of your education and experience as you have described it on your application.
Steps to Apply:
- Review the “Current Employment Opportunities” to find jobs which interest you in the OKJOBS Application Center at jobs.ok.gov.
- Complete the Official State of Oklahoma Employment Application online.
- Once submitted, your application will be reviewed by HCM to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications and you will be notified via email if you are eligible to take the appropriate State Merit Test(s).
- Your examination results can be viewed at any time in your “My Applications” status board. If you receive a passing score, your name will be certified out to the hiring agency in ranked order with the scores of other applicants.
- The hiring state agency will select from the 10 highest ranking available names on the certified eligible list.